CHARACTERISATION AND TREATMENT SERVICES
The objectives of characterisation studies are to:
- Establish changes in ore properties and their impact on the overall process plant; and to recommend, in collaboration with the different process specialists, solutions for anticipated challenges.
- Support appropriate equipment selections and operation parameters with meaningful data, hence increasing plant effectiveness and diamond recovery efficiency.
- Facilitate recommendations for flow sheet enhancements and throughput optimisations.
- Characterise typical metallurgical properties, including densimetric analysis, magnetic susceptibility, luminescence intensity, shore hardness, t10, ta, etc.
ORE DRESSING STUDIES (ODS) FOR PLANT DESIGN, UPGRADE OR OPTIMISATION
Ore dressing studies allow for better Metallurgical understanding of ore which yields decisions fit for purpose enabling: ease of material treatability, enhanced plant utilisation, lower plant maintenance and operational budgets implying a higher return of capital employed. Design disappointments will be minimised with prior knowledge of the ore properties.
An ODS can answer the following questions:
- What are the comminution characteristics?
- What DMS yields should be expected?
- Should it be a single or split DMS?
- Is the ore luminescent for X-ray recovery or will alternate technology be required?
- What are the downstream effects?
- Will the thickener circuit maximise water recovery?
Upfront answers increase plant design quality.